Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we strongly encourage, and expect, Community members to read and abide by these Community Rules, Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this Community for anyone who is in noncompliance with these rules and guidelines.
Community Participation Rules
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will result in termination of Community membership.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Don't challenge or attack others personally. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Do not use language that could be construed to be discriminatory, offensive, or harassment. Racist, sexist, heterosexist comments and jokes are unacceptable, as are derogatory and/or sarcastic comments and remarks directed at religious beliefs, disabilities, age, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation, antitrust, trademark, copyright and other laws. You agree not to discuss or post information in a manner that may be construed as violating these or other laws.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not send the same message to multiple lists or libraries.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message that is inappropriate and/or irrelevant.
- Include a signature tag on all messages.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Cite your sources: if your contribution to the conversation includes the intellectual property of others, e.g., books, newspaper, magazine, or journal articles, online or in print – they must be given proper attribution.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
The Equal Employment Advisory Council (EEAC) is a nonprofit association of private sector employers dedicated exclusively to the advancement of practical and effective equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs to eliminate workplace discrimination. EEAC does not provide legal advice. For advice regarding legal issues, members should consult legal counsel.
This Community site is provided exclusively as a service and benefit for the employees of Equal Employment Advisory Council’s (EEAC) member companies. EEAC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, by its users; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall EEAC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants EEAC and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
EEAC does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention, we will take all appropriate action.
EEAC reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of EEAC except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, where necessary to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of EEAC, our members, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link above. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our help desk by e-mailing:email@example.com.